Feedback is one of the most underutilised management tool. We all know its benefits, so I will skip that part. Instead, I am going to share with you 7 reasons you should provide feedback and what it tells about you.
Here you go!
- It tells about your level of engagement in Business – If you are providing valuable feedback, it assures that you are serious about your job and company you are serving.
- It tells about your competence – You can provide valuable feedback only if you are competent enough to assess behaviours, outcomes, job requirements, standards and understand operating environment.
- It tells about you care about your staff – It is obvious, isn’t it!
- It tells about your leadership – Great Leaders provides great feedback to steer teams in right direction.
- It tells about your confidence – It requires courage and determination to ask your direct report, “Can I provide you some feedback?” I demonstrates your self-confidence.
- It tells about your professional relationships – Feedback forms mechanism for good working relationships, trust, professionalism and faith within team.
- It tells about your commitment to continuous improvement – Feedback is one of the fundamental components of any continuous improvement framework. Your commitment to valuable feedback is actually a commitment to continuous improvement.
Remember that being a leader it is your responsibility to provide valuable feedback. It tells a lot about you! So, make sure you put required time and effort into it.