Believe it or not, our body and business are quite similar. Both are the machines that receive input, and their coordinated effort produces an output.
Let us see what we can learn from our body to apply to our business:
- Learning: Like a healthy body, a robust business learns from experimentation, analytics, and retrospectives.
- Strength: Like every individual has natural gifts. Similarly, companies must be aware of their strengths/niche.
- Weak Muscles: Like one small weak muscle can cause disability and pain. Similarly, one frail department can cause grief in the whole company.
- Flexibility: Strength without flexibility is inability. Similarly, the business must adapt to the changing environment. Only then, its strengths will manifest in the right results.
- Balanced Diet: Balanced diet for the business is good salaries, commissions, rewards, public recognition, training, personal development and care – in right equilibrium.
Similarly, vision, strategy, mission, leadership and the list go on.
In a nutshell, when we visualise our business as a body, we take a big leap towards simplification. We look out of silos and imagine your company as one cohesive unit.