It does not matter where you are on the digital maturity journey; there is always room for improvement. The following 10 symptoms pointing figure at your enterprise software.
As an executive/Project Sponsor, review and plan to take action. Acknowledging the problem is half of the battle; win the rest of the battle by taking action.
Here you go:
- Your business uses a lot of emails, SMS, and phone for internal communications
- There is no centralised task management system
- The staff has to pull/find information for their daily work
- Reporting is not real-time
- The staff is processing information outside enterprise software. For example, using MS Excel and Access packages for information processing.
- Tasks are managed manually outside the enterprise software
- Information is not secured for privacy and cyber security threats
- The enterprise software is not intuitive. It takes a long time to process information
- The systems do not talk to each other. For example, the ERP is not integrated with the other peripheral systems
- The current enterprise software is slow and buggy
Remember, the above are only a few symptoms. First, you must work with your team and identify the root cause problem. Then, prepare a plan of action!