Executives have a terrible habit of comparing consultants with their direct reports. Consultants are like guides who hold your hands and navigate you from dark to light. Yes, you can choose to navigate yourself. There is a risk, however. You may be lost in the darkness, continue to make wrong decisions and be stuck there for a long time. So, next time you think about why are consultants so expensive, ask yourself what the cost of making wrong decisions is?
Here are a few examples:
- Choosing to invest in the wrong project
- Choosing the wrong software product
- Selecting the wrong integration partner
- Leaving high-value projects with amateurs only to regret it later
- Sitting on a decision and pretending to be busy
Ask a better question!
What does a consultant give me in return for the hefty fees?