Project Teams flourish due to their great leaders. At the same time, Project Teams crumble due to poor leadership. Leaders (irrespective of the job title) are the pillars that support their team.
The great leaders:
- do the heavy loading while staying calm
- listen while no one is speaking. Listen with intent using all senses
- speak up while others follow norms of pretending to be nice
- are soft while they care
- are harsh while meeting their high work ethics
- plan to the end while keeping their focus on next iteration
On the other hand, the week leaders are empty inside. Project Teams that rely on them crumble because they are hollow pillars.
So, next time we play the blame game, maybe it is worth reflecting on its leaders. Who knows we are one of them!