In the past few posts, we cover the basics of the Digital Ecosystem.
What is the Digital Ecosystem?
Who is managing your Digital Ecosystem?
Now, let us take one more step and try to list the building blocks of the Digital Ecosystem.
You may be thinking, why is it important?
As a Business owner or executive, you must understand the digital landscape’s big picture. It helps you to understand priorities and make the right decisions for technology initiatives.
Here is the non-exhaustive list of the blocks:
- End User computer systems: The standard operating system, software, hardware, and SOE for the end-users computer systems
- Servers and Networks: The hardware and software assets related to the networks within the organisation
- Enterprise software: ERP, HCM, CRM and other enterprise software that are in use
- BYOD: Bring your device systems, process and procedure.
- Websites and customer mobile apps: A public website and custom mobile apps for the customers for self-service
- Interfaces with the Suppliers: Interfaces for data exchange between the systems within the organisation.
- Communications infrastructure: SMS gateway, Email client, Collaboration tools (like an intranet, Teams) etc.
Please write to me under comments which Digital Ecosystem building blocks you would like to add to the list above.
Digital Leadership Daily Dose
Join for the latest insights, tools and strategies for digital leadership