In the last few posts, we discussed how the Enterprise software Sales team uses different tactics to influence you. These tactics are based on certain core principles. The book (Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion) beautifully covers these principles in detail.
It was my humble attempt to demonstrate its implications in software sales. Refer to the individual posts, along with a few of the principles taught in the book:
- Scarcity: The Scarcity trap – The deadly game of enterprise software presales!
- Commitment and Consistency: Commitment and consistency trap – The deadly game of enterprise software presales!
- Social Proof: Beware, social proof can magically fool you – The deadly game of enterprise software presales!
- Liking: The likability trap – Deadly game of enterprise software presales!
- Authority: The Authority trap – Deadly game of enterprise software presales!
Take some time to reflect on how the forces of influence are working on you. But, more importantly, what is your plan to tackle them? Ultimately, as a Project Sponsor, it is your responsibility to ensure that the selection panel choose the best possible software and implementation vendor. Therefore, you must be leading from the front, taking charge and helping the team. These posts are going to help you immensely. So, take some time to read and reflect on the above posts!